Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Total time : 40 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, halved lengthways and thickly sliced
3 tsp Bart Ras El Hanout Spice Mix
400g can chopped tomatoes
300ml home-made chicken stock
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
350g leftover cooked chicken, torn into bite-sized pieces
20g pack fresh coriander, chopped
1. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based pan and add the onion and carrots.
2. Cover the pan and sweat the vegetables over a low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Increase the heat slightly, stir in the spice mix and cook, stirring, for a minute
4. Tip in the tomatoes and pour in the stock. Stir in the chickpeas, season and
bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes, covered.
5. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes until heated through.
6. Stir in the coriander. Serve with couscous or crusty bread.
If you haven’t got chicken leftover from Sunday, slice 2 raw chicken breasts and add
to the stew when it comes to a simmer after adding the chickpeas, then cook